Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Remembering Love by Nadine Christine





Pages: 152

Publisher: Damnation Books, LLC
Publication date: 1st Feb, 2013
Genre: Mystery-thriller, Romance
Edition Language: English

Book Description

When her beloved foster parents pass away, Holly discovers a past both shocking and heartbreaking: the murder/suicide of her biological parents on the South Pacific island of Pitcairn, famous for the HMAV Bounty mutineers. Travelling to a home she does not remember, Holly reconnects with long-lost childhood friend Jack. An old friendship quickly becomes more…until a dark secret is uncovered.

Will joyous love remembered become heartbreak? Can she find out the truth before someone else is hurt?


Author Biography
Nadine Christian lives on Pitcairn Island, a small isle in the middle of the South Pacific, with her husband, five children, four goats, two cats and thirty chickens. With its rich maritime history, Pitcairn’s romantic past comes alive in her novels, capturing the taste of life on an isolated tropical island, miles from the rush and bustle of normal city life.  

My review

Remembering Love by Nadine Christine was such a wonderful read that left me almost speechless. What fascinated me towards reading this novel was the attractive title and I must say the story also didn't disappoint me.

The story plot revolves around Holly,  an orphan,  who lives with her foster parents Bill and Tina. Like all the orphaned children she wants to know who her real parents are. Luckily, after her foster's parents death, she finds a box in which she finds a family photo of her own family.

Anguished with her foster parents for hiding the truth, she goes to her hometown Pitcairn to find more about her deceased family. She knew her father killed her mother and also committed suicide after doing the heinous crime. But what she doesn't know is , there were some ugly truth still hidden there, that she may not like what was coming after her.

There are very few characters in the novel as the story happens around a small island. Jack, Holly's childhood friend and newly turned lover, it was heart-warming to see their love blooming. Jack's father James was the other notable character in the novel. When he sees Holly, he is always confused by her striking resemblance to her deceased mother. That is highly possible because he is a old man with Alzheimer.

I had a great guess on Holly's parents death, it was something to do with Maisie and I was happy, I guessed it right. This was an easy guess and I was anxiously waiting for the actual reason as to what made her father act like that or there was a different story to it.

In this novel, I felt like Jack's character was a little bit underdeveloped. This is only my opinion. But on the whole, Pitcairn was really a haunting experience. I enjoyed so much reading the second half more than the first half. The story was well balanced with all the right elements, I can't expect more from this astonishing novel.
Rating 4/5

Buy Links Amazon US Amazon UK B&N


2 comments:

  1. Love love love your review!!! Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my book and share it with your readers! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Than you so much for stopping by. I am so glad that you liked my review.:):):)

    ReplyDelete