Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blog Tour:Undescribable by Shantel Tessier~Book Review

Undescribable
Ebook:246 pages
Publication date: July 24, 2013
Publisher: Self published by Author
Language:English
Genre: New Adult

Book Description

Samantha Hall needs a fresh start. Broken hearted and alone in a new city, Samantha begins to build a new life for herself while working as a bartender. Focusing on her new friends and rebuilding her broken life, Samantha is content.

Until she meets him – attorney by day and a cocky, foul mouth playboy by night. All girls want Slade Long, but not one has ever been able to keep his attention for long. Having a different woman in his bed every night is how he prefers it-no emotion, no connection.

Until he meets her - an angel with the sweetest voice he has ever heard and the most enticing green eyes. Samantha makes him second guess his actions and has him wanting something he didn’t know existed. How can a man who has never been in love, be so sure? Can real love happen this fast?

Burned by her past, Samantha struggles to keep up with the overwhelming passion she feels for Slade. She knows that he will be nothing but trouble to her already fragile heart, but how long can she continue to deny the love that she feels for him?
Will Samantha let Slade prove his love is real, or will she push him away?

She thought she knew love……


He thought he never wanted love…..

Together they will show each other what they can’t live without.


  
My review

There are certain books out there,  you just don't want the story to get rid off your mind so that it can remain with you for some more time. I had the same feeling when I finished reading this wonderful novel by Shantel Tessier. I would also say I had a mixed feeling towards the novel. I t was hanging somewhere in the middle of whether to like or not like(because of Slade).

It was nice reading it in the beginning .I just wanted to lose myself in the novel. At the same time, I would've liked the story to be some what different. I liked Samantha. She was  so perfect in all the right places. She is kind, pretty, caring and also independent. After Jax left her, She could have had any man(I mean Good man) she want ,instead she chose Slade.I  swear I didn't really like her being with him after she split from her ex. When she first met him, she was very hard on him. I would have liked her to remain like that for few more chapters. 

There could be only two good reason why I don't want Samantha anywhere near him. 1) He treats women like shit  2) and also sleeps with different women daily as if he is going to get a trophy for that. Okay, he is handsome, I mean very handsome. But she is nothing like all the other women who fawned over him. Slade may be drop dead gorgeous but he even  knows he is not the best match for her. As he himself calls her Angel(always), what does that make him ?Other than this I have to say I couldn't deny enjoy reading the novel even for a bit.

I felt very sorry for Samantha when she reveals her mother disowned her for 12 million dollars. I didn't really care about her mother  as there were so many other things to worry about. There is something that grabbed my attention in the latter part of the novel.  Suddenly, her mother reappears into her life after so many years have passed. I must really say this. I neither expected her to return nor I expected her to explain herself for the things she did.

On the whole, I had many issues with Slade and as for Samantha, I just loved her with all my heart. My favorite characters after Samantha is a Couple, Slade's brother Micah and his girlfriend, Holly. Holly is very luck to have him as her boyfriend. I wish every men in the world are like him. I also loved Josh and Courtney. If I have to sum up the novel into one sentence, I would say Love is truly blind. If you don't believe me, read this amazing novel and tell me what you think.
                                              
                                            Dreamcast                                                
Expectations: In her upcoming novels, I would appreciate if she could reduce the drunk scenes by the female leads. It doesn't feel good to see them helpless and very dependent on others. And also I would like some character explanation because in this novel, I was able to understand and connect with everyone except Slade. I wanted more explanation from him as why Samantha was different and also very important to him than all the other girls.
Rating:3.5
Author Biography
Shantel Tessier is a Texas born girl who now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my high school sweetheart, and our three year old little princess. I consider myself extremely lucky to be a stay home wife and mother. When I'm not reading or writing, I spend my time with friends and family. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment